I haven’t posted a recipe in a long time. Since it’s getting warmer here in Ontario, I thought this was the perfect time for an easy salad recipe that’s fresh and light. It’s a great one for a BBQ or to have with whatever else you’re cooking up for dinner.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 head romaine lettuce (chopped)
- Handful of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup frozen corn (I just let it thaw in the bowl)
- Optional: other veggies you have. I put in some red pepper and it was very nice.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar of choice (I used apple cider vinegar)
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed or minced)
- black pepper
Put all the veggies in a big bowl. Shake up the dressing and pour liberally over the salad and enjoy!