This is my go-to salad for big gatherings and it’s always a hit.
This is what you need:
– 1/2 bunch green kale (chopped)
– 1/2 bunch purple kale (chopped)
– ~25 grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
– 2 carrots (julienned)
– 2 clementines or 1 orange (peeled and sliced into small chunks)
– Optional: 1/2 cucumber (chopped)
Dressing: 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 orange or 1 clementine, 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, dash of black pepper
Place your chopped kale in a mixing bowl and drizzle it with the olive oil. Use your hands to massage the kale with the oil – this will break down a lot of the fibres in the kale making it look shiny, be more flavourful, and easier to chew/digest. Then, add it the rest of your fruits and veggies, squeeze your orange/clementine and lemon, pour in the apple cider vinegar, and throw in some freshly-ground pepper. Toss everything and enjoy!