Just like how our faces and features are different from one another, the vulva can look different from person to person as well — different lengths, folds, hair quantity and distribution, colouration, widths, etc.
The vulva includes:
- mons pubis (fatty cushioning that sits atop the pubic bone)
- clitoris (organ of pleasure with only a small part visible and most of it hidden from view)
- urethral opening (exit route for urine)
- vaginal opening (the entrance/exit route to the vaginal tract)
- vestibule (the area around the vaginal opening)
- labia majora and labia minora (the outer and inner lips/folds)
- perineum (tissue between the vulva and anus)
The perineum marks the end of the vulva and then there’s the anus, which is the exit route for fecal matter.