I love a tart, lemony bean salad, and that’s what I’m bringing to you. It’s packed with fibre, protein, greens (hello, folate!), and antioxidants (and all the other good things plants offer).
You can also check out this chana daal salad if you’re looking for a Pakistani-style lentil salad recipe.
- 1.5 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1.5 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 medium-sized cucumber (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 sprigs green onion and/or 1/2 cup red onion (chopped). I like adding both in.
- 4 cups raw spinach (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cilantro or parsley (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced or crushed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: cayenne or red chili powder (yummm!)
- 1 tbsp (apple cider or white) vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh juice from 1 small lemon or medium lime (you could do less, but I wouldn’t personally!)
Add your base ingredients to a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, (adjust to suit your taste) mix into the salad, and enjoy!
This probably makes around two servings on its own or more if you have it as a side salad. You could throw in quinoa right into the salad too to make a heartier/more robust meal!
(The picture is a stock image, so doesn’t accurately depict the above ingredients. You can obviously add/sub in other ingredients of your choosing!).